If you have sensory loss, we can help by providing suitable equipment and support. We can visit you at home to find out how sensory loss affects your day-to-day life, and together we can work out what support you need.
We can then provide you with:
- information and guidance to help you overcome challenges
- equipment on loan to help you stay safe and independent
- mobility training to help you move around safely – for example, long cane skills and routes for safe and independent travel
- daily living skills training
- information about other relevant services.
The equipment we may be able to provide includes extra-loud and flashing-light doorbells, talking clocks and long canes. We can show you how this equipment works, and you can try it out.
We provide our Sensory Service on behalf of the Isle of Wight Commissioning Group and the Isle of Wight Council.
Other Isle of Wight services
Across the island, we also provide:
- Hear to Help hearing aid support drop-ins – these provide free maintenance and batteries for NHS hearing aids, and information for all
- Hear to Meet coffee mornings for people with hearing loss
- activity sessions in care homes.
We are also pleased to give talks on tinnitus and sensory loss to local groups.
All of our services are supported by a team of friendly and understanding volunteers.
Find out more
For more information about our services, or to join us as a volunteer, please contact us:
Telephone: 01983 529533
Textphone: 01983 529998