If you have sensory loss, we can help by providing suitable equipment and support. We can visit you at home to find out how sensory loss affects your day-to-day life, and together we can work out what support you need.
We can then provide you with:
- information and guidance to help you overcome challenges
- equipment on loan to help you stay safe and independent
- mobility training to help you move around safely – for example, long cane skills and routes for safe and independent travel
- daily living skills training
- information about other relevant services.
The equipment we may be able to provide includes extra-loud and flashing-light doorbells, talking clocks, smoke alarms with vibrating pads, and a range of sticks and canes. We can show you how this equipment works, and you can try it out.
We also run regular drop-in sessions at a range of venues across the county to offer information about hearing loss and sight loss, equipment demonstrations and basic hearing aid maintenance, where appropriate. Additionally, we provide sensory awareness training for organisations, teams and groups.
The service is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
To find out more, please contact us:
Telephone: 01296 479970Mobile text: 07918 904 664