Being deaf aware is a great way to encourage an inclusive environment in your school.
Our deaf awareness training will improve your communication skills and confidence – helping you to break down the barriers faced by people who are deaf or have a hearing loss.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify situations in your school where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers
- Devise solutions to improve accessibility in your school
- Understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss
- Demonstrate and build confidence in communicating with people who are deaf or have hearing loss
How is the course delivered?
There are 2 different courses to choose from:
- Half day course (3 hours)
- Full day course (6 hours)
Deaf awareness training is Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited, so participants will receive a certificate of attendance showing the CPD points achieved (3 points for the half day course and 6 points for the full day course). Participants will also receive an information pack.
Find out more
For more information and to book your deaf awareness training:
Telephone: 0333 240 5658 (calls welcome using Next Generation Text)
Textphone: 0333 014 4530