We offer deaf awareness training courses specifically for staff who work at contact centres. The deaf awareness information covered includes how to use textphone systems and how to make and receive calls via the Next Generation Text service.
At the end of this deaf awareness course your staff will be able to:
- identify situations in contact centres when people who are deaf or have a hearing loss might face communication barriers
- identify and understand the technological solutions available that improve access for people who are deaf or have a hearing loss in a call centre setting
- make and receive calls on a textphone
- be comfortable modifying language when communicating with deaf people
- understand common abbreviations used during calls
- be aware of etiquette and good practice during textphone calls
- understand the Next Generation Text (NGT) (formerly Text Relay) service
- be confident using Next Generation Text to communicate with a deaf person using a textphone.
Further information and arranging a training session
For further information, to request a deaf awareness training pack or to arrange a deaf awareness training course for your business, please contact our Access Solutions team:
Telephone: 0333 240 5658 (calls welcome via Next Generation Text)