Learning British Sign Language (BSL) will help to improve communication in your workplace and create a more friendly and accessible environment for people who use it as their first or preferred language. This tailored course will provide you with BSL signs which are relevant to your workplace.
Our BSL at work course will help you break down barriers in your workplace by:
- improving your communication skills and confidence when communicating with people in BSL
- providing useful signing skills relevant to the workplace
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- understand the structure of BSL
- understand how BSL differs from spoken English
- sign the alphabet and count in BSL
- give and receive basic information at work in BSL
Read what the Bath Building Society had to say about our BSL at Work course.
How is this course delivered?
Our BSL at Work course is 18 hours of training. This can be delivered over three full days or six half days. On successful completion of the course, candidates can progress to Signature's Level 1 Award in BSL delivered by Action on Hearing Loss.
Further information and arranging a training session
For further information, or to arrange a training session for your business, please contact our Access Solutions team.
Telephone 0333 240 5658 (calls welcome using Next Generation Text)
Alternatively, please complete our quick and easy online enquiry form.