Location: Belfast based, but will work on events Northern Ireland wide
About the Role
‘Friends of Action on Hearing Loss’ is a volunteer led fundraising group set up by Action on Hearing Loss Northern Ireland, with the purpose of ‘Friends of Action of Hearing Loss’ to:
- Raise funds for Action on Hearing Loss Northern Ireland
- Help at events/collections
- Plan group events
- Attend cheque presentations on behalf of Action on Hearing Loss
- Place collection cans
- Pick up / deliver materials
- Any other duties.
Members of the group will form, and lead the group, organising Events, as well as working at Action on Hearing Loss events.
What will you get?
- Gain direct experience of organising events within the group
- Invaluable hands on experience helping Action on Hearing Loss at events and collections, raising funds and awareness to help us in assisting the 260,000 deaf and hard of hearing people in Northern Ireland
What will you get by becoming part of ‘Friends of Action on Hearing Loss'?
Gain knowledge of the workings of fundraising, and gain knowledge of the issues affecting Deaf and hard of hearing people.
Gain experience of working in a team environment, as well as meeting new people in exciting situations.
Knowing that the hard work you put into the group will result in providing a real difference to the deaf and hard of hearing community, as well as raising awareness of the issues they face, as well as the good work we do within Action on Hearing Loss.
All expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to our expenses policy and the opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Support and supervision
The fundraising team of Action on Hearing Loss will provide the group with administrative assistance, will organise refreshments for the group meetings, and provide fundraising expertise and any relevant training for members.
“Please complete the online application form or contact the Volunteer Team on 02890 239 619 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org ”
For any questions about our fundraising you can contact
Action on Hearing Loss,
4 to 8 Adelaide Street,
Tel / text: 028 9023 9619
Fax: 028 9031 2032