The scheme is open to any innovative idea that fulfils this purpose. The grant is offered twice a year and awards are usually made in March and October.
Summary of grant
- Deadline: Monday 25 February 2019
- Value: Applications for smaller sums of money are encouraged within this scheme, up to a maximum of £10,000
- Eligibility: Applicants can be from a university, research institute, or small or medium enterprise based anywhere in the world
In the last round of funding (March 2018), we received 33 applications and awarded funding to five projects.
The guidelines for the call and the application form for 2019 are below. There is also guidance on how to complete the form – please read this document before preparing your application.
- 2019 Flexi Grant call and guidelines
- 2019 Flexi Grant application form
- Guidance for completing the application form
- Flexi Grant standard terms and conditions
Proposals are peer-reviewed if necessary, and the most suitable projects are then selected for funding.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible, usually within two months of the application deadline.
Everyone involved in the review process of any grant application is asked to abide by our code of conduct.
Europe PubMed Central (Europe PMC) and open access publications
Action on Hearing Loss is a member of the Europe PMC Funders' Group. We support open access publications and require Action on Hearing Loss grant holders to make their publications open access.
For more information
If you would like more information about the Flexi Grant please contact:
Telephone: +44(0)20 3227 6158