The scheme is open to any innovative idea that fulfils this purpose. The grant is offered twice a year and awards are usually made in March and October.
Summary of grant
- Deadline: the deadline for this scheme has now passed. The next call will be announced later this year/early next year
- Value: Applications for smaller sums of money are encouraged within this scheme, up to a maximum of £5,000
- Eligibility: Applicants can be from a university, research institute, or small or medium enterprise based anywhere in the world
In the last round of funding (February 2017), we received 21 applications and awarded funding to six projects.
The guidelines for the call and the application form for 2017 are below. There is also guidance on how to complete the form – please read this document before preparing your application.
- Flexi Grant call and guidelines
- Flexi Grant application form
- Guidance for completing the application form
Proposals are peer-reviewed if necessary, and the most suitable projects are then selected for funding.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible, usually within two months of the application deadline.