Action on Hearing Loss Scotland is the charity working to meet the needs and aspirations of people across Scotland who are deaf or have diagnosed hearing loss or tinnitus by ensuring their life choices are not limited.
Delivering support and services
We provide life-changing information and support services:
- Our joint sensory services, in partnership with RNIB Scotland, local authorities and health boards, provide practical help and equipment to improve the everyday lives of people with sensory loss.
- Our Hear to Help service delivers community-based support and advice to people experiencing difficulties with NHS hearing aids.
- Our 'Moving On' employment service supports 16-25 year olds who are deaf or have a hearing loss to take up work experience and move in to full-time employment, training or education.
Championing rights and accessibility
We're campaigning for the 850,000 people in Scotland who are deaf or have a hearing loss:
- We want to ensure equal access to public services, shops, business and entertainment. We hold decision-makers to account when ‘reasonable adjustments’ required by the Equality Act (2010) aren't made.
- We're working to improve the experience of people across Scotland when they have a hearing test or get hearing aids fitted. We want to ensure that they receive all the support needed to manage their hearing loss.
- Early diagnosis and the right support can substantially improve everyday life for people with hearing loss. We want to see the introduction of a national hearing screening programme to benefit the 340,000 adults in Scotland who need hearing aids but don’t currently have them.
Providing high-quality information
Our staff and volunteers give talks and provide information about deafness, hearing loss and tinnitus:
- We want to help people manage hearing loss and tinnitus and ensure they are aware of the support and equipment that is available.
- We provide deaf awareness talks and training for organisations and businesses to ensure their services or employees don't discriminate against people who are deaf or have a hearing loss.
For more information about Action on Hearing Loss Scotland:
Telephone: 0141 341 5330
Like us on Facebook(external link, opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter(external link, opens in new window)